High tech in modern facility management
A drone with a thermal imaging camera was purchased and is in use for checking roofs and tall buildings. (see film)
There are several areas that are covered by the use of this drone:
- Detailed, visual checks can be carried out on parts of the building that are difficult to access, such as roofs, outlets and chimneys.
- Inside logistics halls, the ventilation systems attached to the ceiling can be visually inspected with the help of the 4K camera, for which a scissor lift would otherwise be necessary. The same applies to the assessment of sprinkler systems.
- Checking the condition of electrical systems with the help of the thermal imaging camera (FLIR - Forward Looking InfraRed)
- It is also possible to equip the drone with various sensors, for example for the detection of gas leaks
- With the help of the drone, the images of a roof measuring several 10,000 m2 in size are checked and automatically evaluated in a fraction of the time, unlike when this activity is carried out by employees on site. This of course also results in considerable cost savings.
- The drone can be deployed quickly in dangerous and difficult-to-access areas (e.g. gas leaks), thus minimizing the risk for our technical staff.
- Other visual checks - with the help of the 4K camera it is possible to check all external and partly also internal installations of a building and to examine facades in detail. In this way it can be determined in which areas heat / cold is escaping. In contrast to a normal thermal imaging camera, this is also possible for very high areas.